Post by Fate of Five Admin on Nov 18, 2012 15:13:30 GMT -5
How Gathering Works on Fate of Five.
The gathering happens on its own time locked board. Meaning all threads happen on that board are the same day and time. This is to limit crowding of a single gathering thread.
Leaders and Deputy roleplayers are notified a few days before the start of the Gathering of the posting order. It will cycle through so each Clan has a chance to start the gathering.
The leaders (or deputy in the event the leader can't attend or as an NPC) will have their own thread. This is a thread that will signal when each clan arrives and who is attending the gathering.
All high ranks, 5 Active Cats and 3 NPC cats are allowed to attend. Remember, apprentices need a gathering thread to finish their training.
The first round of posting must be made within 24hrs of each other, so we aren't dragging out the gathering. Once the first round is finished the gathering the leader's thread can carry on at its own pace.
For those attending [non-leader characters]
You create your OWN thread separate from the leader thread. You can have them pay attention to the news or just talk with other cats right before the gathering officially starts.
Apprentices who are using the gathering to count toward training must appear in one thread at least.
Any questions? PM any of the staff members on Fate.
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2017 15:15:41 GMT -5 by Hellion
Post by Fate of Five Admin on Dec 1, 2012 18:10:31 GMT -5
Medicine Cat Meetings
1. Each medicine cat will take turns starting the medicine cat meeting. It will cycle through the Clans. Only full medicine cats can start the medicine cat meeting.
2. STICK TO THE POSTING ORDER.
3. The only time posting order can be ignored is if the next person to post has not posted within 24 hours of the person who posted before them. They can then be skipped by the person who is supposed to post next. The skipped person may come in late and get another post in but it does not change the posting order and they will be expected to post again in their normal spot when it comes around again.
4. APPRENTICES must wait to post until after your mentors have posted and others should wait 24 hours for an apprentice to post if the one who posted before them has an apprentice. This is one area in which skipping and posting anyway is not allowed: Apprentices may not post until their mentors have posted at least once unless it has been arranged between you two that for some reason the full medicine cat is staying behind (a very ill or injured cat for example) and sending their apprentice on ahead to the Moon Tree. Otherwise, it is highly unlikely that the MCA will go to the Moon Tree on their own.
5. Each Medicine Cat should indicate that they are bringing an escort with them of at least two warriors, possibly with one apprentice. These escorts will not be expected to post (though if they wish to post waiting around at the entrance to the Moon Tree cavern they can feel free?) but will be treated as background NPCs for the medicine cat’s post heading to the Moon Tree and heading back (they will not be played by anyone but their player, but simply mentioned to be there). I suggest checking in the cbox for anyone who is willing to offer up some of their warriors/apprentices as escorts so no one gets angry about it and they know that their cat has been an escort in case they wish to make mention of it at some point in the future. They will not be included in the posting order even if they do choose to post.
6. Because the journey to the Moon Tree takes about a day and a half for NightClan (who is farthest away), and just under a full day for StoneClan (who is closest), the first posts of everyone should fast forward to the point where they are close to arriving, and should end with them arriving outside of the Moon Tree cavern and waiting for the other medicine cats before entering. The last medicine cat to arrive can lead the way inside, where the medicine cats will chat briefly about whatever they wish, present their new apprentices (if they have new apprentices) and hold the second half of the Medicine Cat Apprentice ceremony (you can find information on that HERE).
7. After all, this has been done the cats may find places among the roots of the Moon Tree to lie down and sleep. Most of the time you will have permission to give your medicine cats your own dreams (nothing serious can happen in them, indicating any sort of major upcoming plot, without permission from Ravenstar), but sometimes Ravenstar will let everyone know of a dream all cats should share (though you will be allowed to play it out however you wish so long as it gets the main point across).